Monday, April 6, 2009

Here's Hoping She Accepts Appendices...

And now the assignment is, "aww hell, I don't care how long it is as long as you don't get too carried away." She is, as I suspected looking forward to reading it, appendices and all.

So the assignment is four to six pages, double typed with a figure or table (properly cited in APA format). The problem is that I have more than one table to cite - possibly two more. Just one of them is two pages in itself, but fairly critical to my point.

If you were the prof who handed out the assignment, would you accept appendices that were most assuredly not defined in the assignment? Given the restrictive nature of the assignment, this seems quite reasonable to me - but then I'm not necessarily the best person to judge that sort of thing.

Keep in mind that I didn't attempt reducing the font size to snag a little more space (mainly because I think suspect that she might pay special attention to that with my paper)...

Addendum; I am having one hell of a time getting this damned thing finished. Every turn is driving me to way too long a paper. These damned APA citations are huge, when have multiple authors, but not enough to amend the parenthetical cites to the first author. And ultimately even if it were twelve pages, this paper would still be scratching the surface...ARRGGHH!!

5 comments:

Toaster Sunshine said...

Is it acceptable to do numerical [1] citations [2] instead?

[1] Douchebag, Ima. 2003. Douchebaggery Magazine, pgs. 37-43

[2] Dude, Old White. 1988. Crotchety Crap Quarterly, pgs. 119-141

DuWayne Brayton said...

Dammit, I wish it was. But alas it is not, they either have to be parenthetical cites or a reference to the author/s with the date in parenthesis.

It's rather moot at this point, because I am not going to get it in under the wire. My instructor is expecting it late and I am going to talk to her tomorrow about writing it to ten pages or so and grading what she's willing to read of it - she has mentioned that she usually does that when papers come in longer than they are supposed to be.

And she's big on gender issues, so I have a feeling she'll actually read the whole thing no matter how long it is. (she approved the notion of appendices in an email)

Juniper Shoemaker said...

Do you plan to post it when you're done?

DuWayne Brayton said...

Yes....

Juniper Shoemaker said...

Good! I love to read your papers.