Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Morality: What is it and why should I care?

For those few folks who read this blog and happen to live in relatively close proximity to Kalamazoo, MI, I am hosting a Cafe Inquiry, for the Center For Inquiry on Friday evening (the ninth) from 6:00, until we are done or you are ready to go. We usually cut out between eight and nine. We will meet at Panera Bread, 5970 S. Westnedge Ave, Portage, MI.

As host, I get to lay out the beginning of the discussion - which will hopefully be rather lively. I will note that I have a rather minority view of morality and do not intend to dominate conversation. I expect there will be more than two positions asserted and hope there will be as many positions espoused as there are people to express them. If you are interested in what to expect from my end, just click the morality tag at the bottom of this post. I have written a little bit on the topic.

While I am on CFI, there is also an event tomorrow evening at MSU. Dr. Megan Donahue will be presenting a lecture titled; The Accelerating Universe in the Lake Ontario room, third floor of the MSU student union. I would really like to go, but I am not sure that I can reasonably spare the time. That said, if you are close and want to go, let me know.

No comments: