Thursday, January 29, 2009

ADHD, Bipolar and other neurological issues: A Quick Note

To be clear before I go further, the information available to me about those hitting this site is very limited. But one of the things that my site meter tells me about, is the referring URL, i.e. where you clicked in. And when a google search brings someone here, while I don't know who that person is, I do know what the search string was.

I have noticed that I get fairly regular hits from searches on ADHD, bipolar and neurological disorders. Often included are methylphenidate, ampehtamine, adderall, ritalin, substance abuse, etc.

Please, let me make you welcome. If you are hitting this post, feel free to peruse the rest of the blog, but more importantly, please let me know what you are looking for. While I am painfully busy right now, I would very much like to provide links in the sidebar to help facilitate your search and the searches of others who come after you. I do have several links that I intend on posting, but school and, well, ADHD behaviors have kept me from getting to it. Meanwhile, there are links to some forums that may be of use. Discussing our problems with people who have similar issues can be a major help in itself. And some of the forums provide links to other information - and you can always post a request for links.....

More than just a place to foster interesting discussions, I want this blog to also be a place where information on topics that affect me and those I love can be found. I have rather severe ADHD and not so intense bipolar issues. I have many years of experience with substance abuse issues and am studying psychology with the intent of going into addiction research and clinical work.

If you happen to be looking for substance abuse links, please take a look to the right of this, you may have to scroll down. There are some links now and that list will be growing as I have time to get to it.

So please, if you don't see what you're looking for, let me know. You can post anonymous links or email me (just write confidential in the subject line). While I am not a therapist and cannot provide mental health care, I can point you in different directions and am often happy to talk. While there is no legal compunction for me to do so, I am very discreet and will never post or talk about you. If you give me permission, I may discuss things you share with me, but would make sure to keep your identity private.

No comments: