Monday, August 27, 2007

Getting Busy

I am trying to finish a couple of shorter posts and get moving forward on a couple of longer posts. I will try to have a couple of new posts of my own up this week, as well as a couple of guest and crosspostings. I will not be getting a lot done quickly however. I just picked up a job that keeps growing and growing.

I went to look at it Saturday, with the understanding that there was a big list of really small jobs. Then we discovered the mold, black mold, a bad infestation of black mold. So we decided that it would be a very good idea to rip out the bathroom in the customer's basement. When I started ripping into it today, I discovered that the source of the moisture that provided a positive environment for the mold, was multiple plumbing leaks, in several drains and water supply lines. As there is a significant amount of plumbing to deal with, we are considering taking out the old tub and replacing it along with some other work in that bathroom.

the high and the low of it is, I am going to be really busy taking care of this. I do not like to leave people bathless, even though the customer is located within blocks of her daughter's home, where she can bathe. I will be putting in as many hours as I can handle to get this finished in a timely fashion - unfortunately, this will cut into my blogging time. Fortunately, this will go a long ways toward paying the bills, so I can't complain.

If anyone has something they would like to post, please feel free to let me know. I could use some more posts to put up. . .

No comments: