Friday, December 11, 2009

ZDENNY Is Banned *Updated*

Zdenny is no longer welcome here. If he has any respect for anyone else, he will refrain from commenting any more. But given my experience with him here and elsewhere, he does not.

So I would ask my wonderful readers, if you happen to see a comment from him before I manage to delete it, please refrain from responding. Be assured that as soon as I am aware he has commented, it will be deleted. Thank you all for cooperating in this, as I have no desire to see his comments about "you atheists" or "Christianity is superior to atheism." Especially when it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Lest anyone be confused about my motivation, I want to be clear that I welcome dissenting views. I also welcome people of faith, any faith or none. What I do not welcome in someone who wants to turn any and every conversation into a conversation about religion. I will not tolerate any commentors who decide to turn any and every conversation as an opportunity to argue about their pet topic. I write plenty enough about religion to keep it in those threads. If your pet topic isn't be written about enough, email me and I will try to satisfy your need to argue - or resurrect an old thread. Just don't be a dick and hijack any old thread to air your bullshit.

And while I am on the topic of comments, for the last time, if you want to be anonymous that is fine. Just please sign some sort of identifier to your post so we can differentiate. If people insist on posting anon, without actually providing some sort of identity to differentiate comments, I will turn off the ability to post anon. I like leaving it open, because if you want to post anon or anon from your normal identifier, you don't have to register a new ID. I want to make it easy for people to drop anon comments. But I also like being able to differentiate and not have to keep track of different anons in a thread - or figure out if they even *are* different.

No comments: