Thursday, February 12, 2009

No, I'm really not dropping hints.....

I put up a Amazon wish list, because I find it interesting to see what others are reading, or want to read. Although, if anyone actually does buy me a book I won't complain. Mostly it's just there to show the world what a dork I truly am.

And in case you were wondering, yes, I have a very good reason for putting all the histories on the list. The Cambridge Illustrated is just something I have desperately wanted for years. But I am planning on retiring someday, to write a history of Imperialism, from the Greeks, through the fall of the Ottoman Empire. Can't say for sure that I'll ever get around to writing it, but I sure would like to do something with all the reading I've done and will continue to do.

And while I hope that it will have drawn itself back quite a bit and become something much greater than it is now, I sincerely hope that the empire in which I live won't have reached it's own demise by then. Though given the examples that history has to offer, simple inertia should keep us gliding along for some time to come.

No comments: