Monday, September 10, 2007

Mmmm, These Make Me Giddy

Via Mo at Neurophilosophy, I found the sexiest pictoral I've seen in a long time at Curious Expeditions, a site that I really look forward to exploring. There were so many exciting shots, that it was hard to choose which ones to post here. So here are a few of my favorites. I highly recommend checking out the whole pictoral, especially if you are as much a bibliophile as myself - but be forewarned, there are a lot of pictures for one page, it loads slow and sticky. (click on images to enlarge)

First, we have Yale's Beinecke rare book and manuscript Library in New Haven Connecticut USA. Not the most spectacular of libraries in this collection (though impressive nonetheless), but when you consider that these are all rare volumes. . .Well, it sends shivers down my spine.


Next, we have Bodleian Library, Oxford University, England. I could definitely wile away some hours, reading here.


Here is the Real Gabinete Portugues De Leitura, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil. Just a lovely, comfortable looking place.


This just looks like it would be wonderful fun (and quite easy to literally) get lost in. Riggs Library at Georgetown University, USA.


For sheer ostentatious delight, the Waldsassen Abbey Library, Bavaria, Germany.


Finally, we have my favorite. The Abbey Library St. Gallen, Switzerland.


There are many, many more where these came from. I would love to know which your favorite is.

No comments: